Replacement for DEFCONST, DEFVAR, DEFCONST_INTERNAL

From: Muthiah Annamalai
Subject: Replacement for DEFCONST, DEFVAR, DEFCONST_INTERNAL
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 08:00:11 +0530

Hello,

I find in octave/src/ChangeLog that sometime during the 2.9.x
development the various macros DEFCONST, DEFVAR, DEFCONST_INTERNAL
were deprecated/removed.

I was wondering, what is the equivalent of creating constants in Octave?
I also understand the builtin variables have been done away for good and
may not have any replacement.

One temporary fix I have been doing for internal constants is to
autoload a script before the main program, where all the constants
are defined. This is not waterproof like the earlier API, where we
could make constants from being modified by user; right now users
CAN change the constants implemented by this method.

Please let me know, the correct way of declaring constants in Octave
code.

Also the Coda manual was written with the old (pre-2.9.x) constructs,
http://octave.sourceforge.net/coda/ . This need to be updated, to
whatever is the correct replacement for these things.

Thanks,
Muthiah