Re: debugging .oct libraries

From: Jordi Gutierrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: debugging .oct libraries
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 19:35:07 -0600

Gorazd Brumen wrote:
I wonder if there is a way to debug (with a debugger, such as gdb or
totalview) the functions written in C++, compiled and run by octave.

On 07/12/06, David Bateman <address@hidden> replied:
My technique is to launch "gdb octave", call "help myfunc" that causes
the function myfunc to be loaded into the symbol table but not executed.
You can then set breakpoints in myfunc and debug normally..

I suppose it goes without saying that in order for this to work that
Octave and all the .oct files need to be compiled with debug symbols?

Looks like I finally found a reason to compile myself instead of using
the Debian binary.

- Jordi G. H.