Re: plotting question

From: Robert A. Macy
Subject: Re: plotting question
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 08:06:50 -0800

You should tell the group what you're running and on what
platform.

However, I'm running octave 2.1.50 on Win98 and have
similar problem:

>> myscript
works well.
>> closeplot;
>> myscript;
plots only right side plot with no legend.
get no errors even in the gnuplot dialog.

had to exit octave and run it again.

no idea what's happening.

            - Robert -

On Sat, 2 Dec 2006 16:38:11 +0100
 Gergely CZUCZY <address@hidden> wrote:
> hello
>
> i'd like to do a plot, and it works fine for the
> first running of the script. after the first run,
> i close the plot window and whenever i try to execute
> the script again, no plot window appears. however, also
> no errors i got from octave.
>
> what am i doing wrong? the scriptfile si the following:
>

> --- BEGIN myscript.m ---
> sol=-10:0.1:10;
> tax=0.25;
> basesavings=5;
> moralexp=0.7;
> salar=0;
> savings=0;
> soleff=0;
> newsav=0;
>
> function salary = sol_salary(sol)
>   salary =  9.2*(atan(sol/3)/(pi/2)).^3+15;
> endfunction
>
> function [soleff, newsavings] =
> expsav_solsav(expenditures, savings)
>   sp_offset=-20;
>   sp_scale=10;
>   sp_b=0.1;
>   sp_middle=16.7;
>   spending =

atan(((savings.*expenditures)+sp_offset)*sp_b)*sp_scale+sp_middle;