A simple GUI

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: A simple GUI
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 23:05:26 +0100

Hi Everybody,
I've just created a simple octave wrapper for the "zenity" command line tool. It allows the creation of simple GUI's such as file selections, calendars, text entries, message windows, and a few other kinds of windows. So, my first question is: does anybody want this code? If so, I'll upload it to octave-forge. My second and more important question is about shell scripting inside octave. If you have zenity installed (it comes with the GNOME desktop) you can get a progress dialog from bash using these commands:

        (
        echo "10" ; sleep 1
        echo "# Updating mail logs" ; sleep 1
        echo "20" ; sleep 1
        echo "# Resetting cron jobs" ; sleep 1
        echo "50" ; sleep 1
        echo "This line will just be ignored" ; sleep 1
        echo "75" ; sleep 1
        echo "# Rebooting system" ; sleep 1
        echo "100" ; sleep 1
        ) |
        zenity --progress \
          --title="Update System Logs" \
          --text="Scanning mail logs..." \
          --percentage=0

Does anybody know how I can do this from octave using this syntax:
  zenity_progress(10, "Updating mail logs");
  zenity_progress(20, "Resetting cron jobs");
  zenity_progress(75, "Rebooting system");
or something similar?

Thanks,
Søren