Re: Octave class versus Matlab class

From: Sean O'Rourke
Subject: Re: Octave class versus Matlab class
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 19:18:08 -0800

"Steve C. Thompson" <address@hidden> writes:
> Does anyone have an opinion on the advantages of
> classes/objects.

I think it's an abomination the way they are grafted onto Matlab,
but sometimes you have to use other people's code.

I have previously whipped up a set of pure-Octave functions that
let you work with some (enough for me) Matlab-style classes.
It's only about 200 lines.  I don't have the time to make it good
enough for actual release, but if this is for non-commercial
purposes, contact me off-list and I'll be happy to send you the
files.

Sean O'Rourke