scalapack support in octave

From: Gorazd Brumen
Subject: scalapack support in octave
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 17:22:06 +0100

Dear all,

I know it is a long shot, but perhaps someone can help.

I have the following problem.
I have written octave scripts for the work I need, which
work correctly, but last too long. The only
computationally expensive point in the calculations is solving a
large linear system. I have looked at parallel possibilities and an
appealing one would be to use scalapack. The amount of work is reduced
to almost minimum (since scalapack paralellizes the computation by
itself almost) but I do not know if one can integrate the
scalapack routines into octave code and how to run the whole thing.

Has anyone tried doing something similar and can he/she
share his experiences?

Regards,
Gorazd

--