Need help compiling octave with tuned BLAS/LAPACK (ATLAS or IntelMKL9B)

From: Jung, Tobias
Subject: Need help compiling octave with tuned BLAS/LAPACK (ATLAS or IntelMKL9B)
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 17:02:08 +0100

I am trying to compile octave (2.9.9) under Suse 10.1 such that
it employs a tuned BLAS/LAPACK implementation to maximise
performance (on an Intel DualCore).

However, I am somewhat at a loss about how I should run './configure'
exactly. For example, the call should (probably) look something like this

./configure --with-blas=??? --with-lapack=???

but I can't figure out the ???'s.

(Using just './configure' builds octave, but without optimised BLAS)

My ATLAS (local installation) resides in:

/home/tjung/ATLAS/lib/MyArch/
  - libatlas.a
  - libcblas.a
  - libclapack.a
  - libstatlas.a

Alternatively, IntelMKL (local installation) resides in:

/home/tjung/intel/mkl/9.0_beta/lib/em64t/
  - libguide.a
  - libguide.so
  - libmkl.so
  - libmkl_def.so