Re: new release of Octaviz

From: Thomas Weber
Subject: Re: new release of Octaviz
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 07:52:20 +0100

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 14.11.2006, 20:06 -0800 schrieb Jonathan Stickel:
> > 3) Then I had to edit Common/octaviz.cc in the octaviz source directory.
> >    I had to change line 188 from
> >      return reinterpret_cast<octave_uint64_t>(vtk_pointer);
> >      return reinterpret_cast<uint64_t>(vtk_pointer);
>
> I don't know about this one.  If someone else confirms that this is a
> necessary change, then I can make the edit in CVS.

This is a change necessary for the Octave 2.9 branch. On the other hand,
you are using it for a pointer, so using something like "uintptr_t"
might be a better choice (128 bit systems are not that far away :) ).

A short explanation:
http://developers.sun.com/solaris/articles/solarisupgrade/64bit/Convert.html#uintptr_t

Regards
        Thomas