Re: matlab,octave clone in java. JMathLib

From: James R. Phillips
Subject: Re: matlab,octave clone in java. JMathLib
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 19:01:41 -0800 (PST)

The current scilab roadmap at www.scilab.org shows that version 5 is to
be coded primarily in java.  Not due for about a year though - nothing
available to download yet that I can see.

Java is looking like possibly a good choice for open source math
software, with Sun moving toward gpl2 licensing for it.  The scilab
license will be less free than the java it is coded in!  I hope that
may change in the future.

I don't know whether underlying fortran libraries like lapack or atlas can be
linked with it.

Jim Phillips