Re: set plot limits (was: Re: Differences between Octave 2.1.7x and 2.9.

From: Matthias Brennwald
Subject: Re: set plot limits (was: Re: Differences between Octave 2.1.7x and 2.9.x)
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 22:27:34 +0100

On 13.11.2006, at 10:25, <address@hidden> wrote:

BTW, how do I set only one end of an axis.  For example, in the old
octave, I would use

t = 0.1*(0:100).';
X = [t, sin(2*pi*0.2*t)];
gplot [][0:]\

to only plot the positive values.  Notice that the high side is not
set - this is what I want.  I can't figure this out with the "axis"
command.

-- Johan KULLSTAM

In Matlab, I'd do:

> plot(whatever)
> r = axis; axis([r(1) r(2) 0 r(4)]);

The Octave axis command behaves a little different, so the above does not work. With Octave, the following works for me:

> t = 0.1*(0:100).'
> plot(t,sin(2*pi*0.2*t))
> __gnuplot_raw__("set yrange [0:*]; \n")

I am, however, not sure if __gnuplot_raw__ is intended to be used by 'normal' users.

Matthias