Re: Differences between Octave 2.1.7x and 2.9.x

From: Johan Kullstam
Subject: Re: Differences between Octave 2.1.7x and 2.9.x
Date: 11 Nov 2006 22:44:39 -0500

David Bateman <address@hidden> writes:

> Matthias Brennwald wrote:

> > <snip>
> >

> >> Most of the user visible changes are reported in the NEWS file
> >> available at
> >>
> >> http://velveeta.che.wisc.edu/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/octave/NEWS?rev=HEAD
> >>
> >> The gnuplot changes aren't however, but probably should be.
> >>

> > So what are the the gnuplot changes? May these changes be related to
> > my other problem with mesh beeing unable to produce plots with one
> > axis scaled logarithmically?
> >

> I didn't have anything really to do with these changes and so would
> prefer that someone else comments on exactly what are the gnuplot
> changes between 2.1 and 2.9. The most noteable are that gset, gplot, etc
> are gone and are replaced with things like __gnuplot_set, etc indicating
> that that are supposed to be for internal use only.
>
> D.

BTW, how do I set only one end of an axis.  For example, in the old
octave, I would use

t = 0.1*(0:100).';
X = [t, sin(2*pi*0.2*t)];
gplot [][0:]\

to only plot the positive values.  Notice that the high side is not
set - this is what I want.  I can't figure this out with the "axis"
command.

--
Johan KULLSTAM