Re: a new octave book and octave based course

From: Rafael Laboissiere
Subject: Re: a new octave book and octave based course
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 17:32:11 +0100

* Miquel Cabanas <address@hidden> [2006-11-02 15:29]:

> is Octave 2.9.x available to Debian stable? for instance, as a backport?

Not officially in Debian.  TTBOMK, it is not available unofficially,
neither.

> If not, how difficult would be to recompile the 2.9 sources in debian
> stable?

It should not be hard, although we would also need backports of glpk-shlib
and ufsparse, at least.  This is a nice project for someone with free time
on her hands as well as some knowledge about www.backports.org.

Otherwise, just wait until the release of etch, scheduled for December (this
year, hopefully :-).

> PS apologies for the cross-posting

Okay, I set the M-F-T header to pkg-octave-devel.  Please, respect it, since
this discussion is not central to help-octave.

--
Rafael