Re: ginput

From: Javier Arantegui
Subject: Re: ginput
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 16:55:41 +0100

Hello,

El Jueves, 2 de Noviembre de 2006 13:34, address@hidden
escribió:
> Some months ago, I wrote an m file for MATLAB, than I changed a
> position, where they do not have Matlab licenced, so I was thinking
> about using Octave.

If you are new to Octave there is one thing you should know. Octave is very
close to Matlab but some commands are not available by default. In some cases
because they are in developing, in other because license problems. These
commands are available in Octave-Forge.

One of them is 'ginput':

http://octave.sourceforge.net/index/f/ginput.html

To get them you should install Octave-Forge. It's available for the most
important distributions. If not, you have to compile yourself, it's quite
easy. You can find it in Debian and (K)Ubuntu repositories, for example.

It seems that Octave-Forge makes Octave more Matlab compatible.

Here:

http://octave.sourceforge.net/index/index.html

you can find information about all the Octave and Octave-Forge commands.

Javier

--
Javier Arántegui
Dept. Tecnologia de Alimentos / Dept. of Food Technology

Tel. +34 973702595
Fax  +34 973702596
IM: Jabber - javier.arantegui (AT) jabberes.org
http://www.tecal.udl.es