Re: octave-forge newby install question

From: Jordi Gutierrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: octave-forge newby install question
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 14:02:51 -0500

On 23/10/06, Jordi Gutierrez Hermoso <address@hidden> wrote:
On 23/10/06, the_verge <address@hidden> wrote:
> which have octave 2.1, octave 2.9.6, and octave-forge 2006.3.17-2
> available.  However, octave-forge is only linked to octave2.1,

This was a peculiarity of the Octave package in Debian which Ubuntu
inherited, but has been recently fixed in Debian itself,

Sorry, I should have said, "in Debian unstable", which is really
usually more stable than its name suggests, or at least seems to be
for me as far as Octave is concerned.

- Jordi G. H.