Re: Random number function for normal distribution?

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: Random number function for normal distribution?
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 21:37:34 -0400

On Oct 14, 2006, at 9:04 PM, jian Xu wrote:

In MATLAB, I can use normrnd( mu, sigma, m, n) to
generate a m by n matrix with random number from
the Normal(mu, sigma) distribution. What is the
corresponding function in Octave?

normrnd is available in 2.9.x versions of octave.
Older versions used normal_rnd.

More importantly, what is the best resource for me
to look for answers of this kind of question?

octave-forge (http://octave.sourceforge.net) has
a categorical index of functions.  I can't give
a more precise link because the site isn't
responding at the moment.

Thank you very much.

Not a problem.

- Paul