Functions for Design of Experiments

From: Peter Gustafson
Subject: Functions for Design of Experiments
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 11:34:29 -0400

Hi all,

I am wondering if there are octave functions available for design and
analysis of experiments, I have found fullfact([n1 n2 n3]) for designing
the experimental array, but have yet to find functions which do things
like:

Plot main effects and interactions.
Generate a response surface.
etc...

I'm not a statistics guru, so some hand-holding might be desired.  This
is not expected of course, what I really need is a pointer to the right
place to start (including good reference books).  However, if you are
experienced and willing I'd love to email a few times.  If I need to
write functions, I'd be willing to contribute them back to octave-forge.

I see in matlab the following which I don't find in
octave/octave-forge:
maineffectsplot
interactionplot
fracfactgen