Re: One-day conference on simulation in France (2nd call)

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: One-day conference on simulation in France (2nd call)
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 10:56:15 +0200

Frederic Lehobey wrote:
> In case anyone in the French (?) community of octave is interested in
> demonstrating research based on octave use, please find below the 2nd
> announcement for this conference.

Personally, due to my attendance at the RMLL, I'll have difficulty
justifying this workshop so can't attend.
> By the way (unrelated), is there any French speaking mailing list
> around octave. Is there a need for one? (Not sure there is, and that
> it would be such a good idea... but who knows?)

There are a few French speakers of octave that I know of, though scilab
being French and a certain essence of chauvinism (aren't we all just a
little bit) means that there are significantly more French users of
scilab than octave...
I'm not sure of the value of splitting the forums by language, certainly
not for the developers. The only reason I could see would be a support
list in particular languages to avoid users who aren't confident in
English to pose questions. If there was such a French list, I'd probably
subscribe to it, though by habit is to reply in English for reasons of
speed (my French grammar is very bad)..

D.

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only