Re: installing Octave, Gnuplot, Aquaterm on Mac ppc.

From: Matthias Brennwald
Subject: Re: installing Octave, Gnuplot, Aquaterm on Mac ppc.
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 17:50:36 +0200

Hello!
I wan't to use octave with gnuplot and aquaterm on my mac (ppc).
I installed Octave, Gnuplot 4.0 and AquaTerm 1.0.1

octave works fine, however I can't plot neither from octave nor from
gnuplot, since it doesn't work together with Aquaterm. I always get
the error message:

octave:1> plot(5)
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libaquaterm.1.0.0.dylib
   Referenced from: /usr/local/bin/gnuplot
   Reason: image not found

the same message appears when I try to start gnuplot on its own.
The message requests for libaqyaterm.1.0.0 even though i installed
version 1.0.1
how can I handle this?

thx,
malte

Dear Malte,

how did you install gnuplot? Does it plot to X11 (you may have to install and run X11 first, it's available from Apple).

If you don't need the latest versions with all the bells and whistles, I recommend to use Fink (http://fink.sourceforge.net/) and FinkCommander (http://finkcommander.sourceforge.net/) to install and handle things like Octave, Gnuplot, et al.

Matthias