Re: Build Help on Mac Intel

From: Shane Lee
Subject: Re: Build Help on Mac Intel
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 22:48:45 -0400

Quick update:

I used John's ./configure line with a slight modification and it
configured for my Intel Mac Pro.

However, I did exclude

F77=gfortran

and

--prefix=/sw/opt

and eventually ran

sudo ./configure CFLAGS="-I/sw/include" CXXFLAGS="-I/sw/include"
LDFLAGS="-L/sw/lib -lreadline -lSystem -lSystemStubs"

I received the warnings concerning sparse matrices, so I would like to
build them in, but for various reasons I cannot/have not been able to.

Well the configure ran fine, and so did the 'make' and 'make install'.

It runs and reports 2.9.9, which is great, except now the gnuplot is
broken. I created a new .octaverc file that has the line:

gnuplot_binary = '/sw/bin/gnuplot'

to point as I did before to the old gnuplot that was working from the
fink installation, except this time, even after running that command
"successfully," it still seems to be looking for the gnuplot installed
in /usr/local/bin.

I came to this conclusion because of the following error message when
trying to plot:

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libaquaterm.1.0.0.dylib
 Referenced from: /usr/local/bin/gnuplot
 Reason: image not found
warning: connection to external plotter (pid = 5901) lost --
warning: broken pipe -- some output may be lost

Any way to fix this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all help
all the way around. Perhaps I could write a quick-and-dirty install
and someone could fill in some tech details for others?

Sincerely,
Shane