Re: Is there a function similar to matlab gcf?

From: frank wang
Subject: Re: Is there a function similar to matlab gcf?
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 11:31:05 -0700

Sorry for the confusion. gcf is the function from matlab:

GCF Get handle to current figure.
    H = GCF returns the handle of the current figure. The current
    figure is the window into which graphics commands like PLOT,
    TITLE, SURF, etc. will draw.

    The handle of the current figure is stored in the root
    property CurrentFigure, and can be queried directly using GET,
    and modified using FIGURE or SET.

    Clicking on uimenus and uicontrols contained within a figure,
    or clicking on the drawing area of a figure cause that
    figure to become current.

    The current figure is not necessarily the frontmost figure on
    the screen.

    GCF should not be relied upon during callbacks to obtain the
    handle of the figure whose callback is executing - use GCBO
    for that purpose.

    See also figure, close, clf, gca, gcbo, gco, gcbf.

Basically, in our code, we need to get the current figure number. I just realized that since it is related with graphics command, most likely octave will not have this command.

Thanks

Frank