Re: Error on 'Plot' command

From: Joe Koski
Subject: Re: Error on 'Plot' command
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 15:25:41 -0600

on 9/28/06 2:40 PM, Yi-Min Huang at address@hidden wrote:

Hi,

   I am new to Octave. After installing the Octave on my Mac OSX, I try to test the 'plot' command. So I create a set of (x,y) and use plot(x,y) command. But I got the error like this:

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libaquaterm.1.0.0.dylib
 Referenced from: /usr/local/bin/gnuplot
 Reason: image not found

I am sure I installed the gnuplot and Aquaterm, from the link at HPC Mac OSX website. (http://hpc.sourceforge.net/).
I have no idea how to solve this problem, because I have little knowledge about Unix. Could someone give me a hand? Thank you very much.

Niner

Yi-Min Huang
Civil Engineering 85
National Chiao Tung University

Niner,

My guess would be that your AquaTerm software is not completely installed. This is an alternative to X11 that is used on a Mac. I would go to the AquaTerm website at

  http://aquaterm.sourceforge.net/

and get the latest .dmg installer (version 1.0.1) and install it. That should fix your problems by installing the aquaterm .dylib files correctly on your system.

Otherwise, you can install X11 and use that interface, if you prefer.

Joe