Re: system command status/output order changed in 2.9.x

From: Joshua Rigler
Subject: Re: system command status/output order changed in 2.9.x
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 14:16:34 -0600

John W. Eaton wrote:
On 21-Sep-2006, Joshua Rigler wrote:

| The output order of Octave's 'system' command seems to have changed | since 2.1.x. It used to be: | | > [output, status] = system(sys_cmd); | | | It is now (in 2.9.8): | | > [status, output] = system(sys_cmd); | | | It seems to me that this warrants a note in the new 'NEWS' file | (distributed in the source code tar-ball or via CVS),

OK, I will make a note of this as it is a relatively important and
user-visible change.

| along with all the other changes due in Octave 3.x,

I don't think that is feasible at this point.

Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest that I expected "all the other changes due in Octave 3.x" to be listed in the 'NEWS' file (yes, I realize that is what I wrote ;^). I meant my minor note should be listed along-side all the changes that had already been included in the new 'NEWS' file. My bad.

-EJR