Re: How does Octave shine?

From: Jordi Gutierrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: How does Octave shine?
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 08:50:50 -0500

On 20/09/06, Donald J Bindner <address@hidden> wrote:
I don't know exactly how Matlab compares, but interactive 3D
plots are available in Octave via gnuplot.  The Matlab of my
distant memory required viewpoint changes and replots to see a
plot from different orientations.

Octaviz is also particularly nice, prettier than Matlab's plotting
too... have you tried it yet? It needs some maintenance, but really,
take it from me, it's *niiiice* and deserves to be more widely used
and maintained by the Octave community.

- Jordi G. H.