Re: How does Octave shine?

From: Tom Holroyd
Subject: Re: How does Octave shine?
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 17:52:46 -0400 (EDT)

Another point that shows a unique Octave advantage: script files. Octave is not limited to a single function per .m file (a stupid limitation in Matlab that effectively prevents building standalone apps in a single file). That is, Octave is a real scripting language, and it is possible to write a complex program involving many functions in a single script file that is marked executable and runnable from the Unix command line.

Tom Holroyd, Ph.D.
We experience the world not as it is, but as we expect it to be.