Re: How does Octave shine?

From: Ronald Crummett
Subject: Re: How does Octave shine?
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 14:52:01 -0700

I don't know of any functional advantages that Octave has over Matlab,
but you may want to show that Octave holds its own in comparison to
Matlab.

Web documentation for Matlab functions (found from the Mathworks web
page) often include examples that demonstrate how to use the
functions, some with plots.  I have used these examples in the past as
a comparison against functions I have written, or to see if I can get
the same results.  Just a thought.

-Ron