Re: A question on Matlab compatibility

From: Ron Crummett
Subject: Re: A question on Matlab compatibility
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 16:10:00 -0700

I get the impression that I have stirred the pot some with my queries and I apologize for doing so. That which has been identified as complaining was not intended as such, but rather inquisitions as to why some things have been done the way they have, and what it might take to bring Octave more in line with Matlab compatibility from my perspective. Apparently, my perspective takes a much narrower view than most others; I am more concerned about the cosmetics and assume functionality is sufficient, whereas most others have a greater concern about the functionality as well. But I suppose painting the car won't make it run any better.

That being said, I am very interested (as always) in helping toward the greater improvement of Octave. I just don't want to step on anyone's toes by reworking something that they have done because I think it needs some improvement, unless I know that all parties involved are okay with that. From this discussion, I have gathered that such is permissible.

-Ron