Re: A question on Matlab compatibility

From: A. Scottedward Hodel
Subject: Re: A question on Matlab compatibility
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 20:35:14 -0500

Because sysmult and the rest of the octave controls toolbox was written a year or more before MATLAB came out with object-oriented functionality in its controls toolbox. Of course, that was over 10 years ago. Bear in mind that MATLAB's controls functions make extensive use of MATLAB's user-defined objects, so it would be a significant effort to make octave's toolbox behave identically to MATLAB's.

Yours,

A. Scottedward Hodel address@hidden
http://homepage.mac.com/hodelas/tar