Re: how to improve the speed of octave?

From: Quentin Spencer
Subject: Re: how to improve the speed of octave?
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 15:59:29 -0500

frank wang wrote:
Unfortunately, I could not find a pre-built octave 2.9.8 for suse 10.1. I did not install zlib because I only need to make the octave compitable with Matlab. My understanding is that zlib will help octave to load some compressed data. Since this might not be work for matlab, I did not install it. After I install the Atlas, zlib, fftw3, does octave will automatically link to these library or I have to enable them by some flags?

All of them should be enabled by default if they are found by octave's configure script. Sometimes things are not installed in the places where octave expects them to be, so it's best to check the summary printed out at the end of the configure script before you run make to determine whether it found everything you wanted it to. In some cases you may need extra flags to get things to work.

Quentin