Re: how to improve the speed of octave?

From: Quentin Spencer
Subject: Re: how to improve the speed of octave?
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 14:17:01 -0500

frank wang wrote:
Thanks.
I do need the newest feature in octave. So I should install atlas, fftw3 to speed up the octave. How could I found whether my system admin has installed atlas or fftw3 on the machine?

Since fftw3 is part of the distribution, if it is installed you should get the package version in response to the command "rpm -q fftw3". If you want to see if your compilation of octave linked to it, try "ldd `which octave` | grep fftw". If that does not give any results (meaning it did not link), it is probably because fftw3-devel is not installed (try "rpm -q fftw3-devel" to find out). I suspect it is unlikely that atlas is installed, but you might try something like "locate libatlas" to check for it.

Quentin