Re: how to improve the speed of octave?

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: how to improve the speed of octave?
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 09:34:59 +0200

frank wang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use octave for a big project. It is written in matlab.
> When I run the code on octave, it is significantly slow. The code
> involes a lot of fft operation. I have compiled the octave 2.9.8 by
> myself. How can I compile the octave to make it run faster? Do I need
> to install Atlas, fftw3, blas, lapack or other packages?
>
> Thanks
>
> Frank

What platform and distribution are you running on? There are pre-built
packages including such external dependencies for most platforms. I'd
suggest using one of these rather than installing all of the external
dependencies yourself..

D.

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only