Re: debug command

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: debug command
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 08:31:02 -0400

2.1.71 uses dbg_step.
2.9.6 uses dbstep

It is still in the source for input.cc in octave CVS (do a grep on dbstep and you should see it).

- Paul

On Sep 8, 2006, at 5:52 AM, Riccardo Corradini wrote:

Dear Paul ,
could you please tell me which version of octave
are you using with these new debug commands. I didn't find in octave 2.9.8 and neither in 2.1.72. Also in the source input.cc and debug.cc.
Thanks since now
Riccardo
Paul Kienzle <address@hidden> ha scritto:

> Hi,
>
> From octave.sourceforge.net/compatibility.html, it says that following
> debugging commands exit in octave:
> debug_on_error, dbstop, dbclear, quit, dbwhere dbg_cont, dbg_step,
> dbg_next, dbstatus.
>
> However, I cannot use dbg_step, dbg_next, dbg_cont. When I type which
> dbg_step in octave, it is undefined. Can anyone tell me how to find
> and use these commands?

Looking in input.cc, it seems they've been renamed:

 exit, quit, return, dbcont for dbg_cont
 dbstep for dbg_step
 dbnext for dbg_next

I make this change and move the FAQ to the wiki:

 http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?MatlabOctaveCompatibility

Please contribute comments there.

- Paul