Re: .m files to be run by a computer without matlab or octave

From: Philip Goh
Subject: Re: .m files to be run by a computer without matlab or octave
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 15:28:53 +0100

On 6 Sep 2006, at 13:12, Anders Lofterød wrote:

Hi

Have a program written with matlab codes... The program is meant to be run on other computers without these programs (perhaps dos). How can this be done?

best regards...

Anders Lofterød

Try running your existing Matlab code under Octave. That's what I've started to do as I need to run my code on machines that do not have Matlab, but do have Octave. Seeing as Octave runs on pretty much any Unix system (and Windows) and is almost totally compatible with Matlab, this is probably the best bet of running Matlab programs on computers without Matlab.

Philip