Re: missing functions like fminsearch or fmins

From: Quentin Spencer
Subject: Re: missing functions like fminsearch or fmins
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 10:52:03 -0500

Achim Casties wrote:
Hello,

we are facing a problem with our (64 bit) octave on a SGI machine for
using the nonlinear optimizer 'fminsearch'. It cannot be found. We found
the corresponding 'fmins' call but this is also not recognised by octave.
Do you know where (and how) to load the function into octave?

There is a fmins function in octave-forge package (see octave.sf.net). I have never used it so I can't say how well it would do what you need it to do.

Quentin