Re:

From: Jordi Gutierrez Hermoso
Subject: Re:
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 20:06:05 -0500

On 30/08/06, Fabricio Camarano <address@hidden> wrote:
we are starting to imrprove using GNU octave software

Improvement indeed! ;-)

i want to know more about processing audio and images

Most of the Octave functions for image and audio processing are still
in Octave-forge, which is Octave's playground  (i.e. user-contributed
functions that usually haven't undergone the same degree of rigourous
testing as the functions in the main Octave distribution).

You can browse through the Octave-forge functions here:

    http://octave.sourceforge.net/index/index.html

I don't work in image or audio processing myself, although I
understand that there is still some missing functionality in
Octave-forge that practitioners have come to expect. I hope that these
are simply foul rumours, but if they are in fact true, perhaps you or
your colleagues could help us out by coding yourself whatever
functions you think are missing.

Good luck,
- Jordi G. H.