Re: Input won't accept floats

From: Francisco Jesús Martínez Serrano
Subject: Re: Input won't accept floats
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 19:58:21 +0200

On 5/18/06, Francisco Jesús Martínez Serrano  wrote:
On 5/18/06, John W. Eaton wrote:
> On 18-May-2006, Francisco Jesús Martínez Serrano wrote:
>
> How can we possibly help given the above information?  Your code could
> be doing anything, but you haven't shown it to us, so the best we can
> do is guess.  My guess is your code does something to alter the output
> format state for Octave, but again, that's just a guess.

Just for the sake of information, finally i happened to stumble upon
the problem. It was related to the use of libglade/GTK and it setting
the locales inside octave to the locales of the system (address@hidden in
my case) by calling the libc function setlocale upon initialization.
Since in this locale (also the french one) the character for
separating decimals is the comma (,), the dot was not being recognized
as decimal separator and all numeric input past the dot was discarded.

Calling

setlocale(LC_NUMERIC, "C");

after calling

gtk_init(&argcp, &argv);