Re: octave and uClibc?

From: Micah A Colon
Subject: Re: octave and uClibc?
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 15:23:36 -0400

On Tue, Aug 29, 2006 at 01:30:45PM -0400, John W. Eaton wrote:

> Is there some uClibc/uClibc++ header file in the that is defining
> index as a macro even when it should not be?  Octave assumes that
> standard headers don't define random non-standard macros.

You are my hero.  :)

There was a config option with the uClibc library which
used standard definitions vs. replacement simple macros
for some of the header files.  The simple macros were
used by default, in the interest of keeping resulting
libraries smaller.

I have been banging my head against getting octave
compiled for these things for a few days now.  I am
very happy to see it complete, at long last.  *grin*

--
Micah Colon                                                 \|/ ____ \|/
macolon at ncsu dot edu                                     address@hidden/ oO