how to debug this strange load problem

From: frank wang
Subject: how to debug this strange load problem
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 21:27:47 -0700

Hi,

After I rebuild octave 2.9.7 and octave 2.9.8, I still could not load a simple text file as the one attached. Since I have the source code, I want to debug the code and find out why. Could someone tell me how to debug octave using gdb? how to setup a breakpoint? To debug the load problem, where should I set the breakpoint?

I repeat my problem here again. After type the load test2.txt, octave does not show any data. If I type test2, octave will state that it does not exist. I have tried all suggestions from previous post, but I still cannot solve this.

Thanks

Frank