reading mail problems (was Re: Choose index into array of probabilities)

From: Quentin Spencer
Subject: reading mail problems (was Re: Choose index into array of probabilities)
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 11:45:48 -0500

Dushan Mitrovich wrote:
Would some one tell me what's going on with some of these replies to the Octave helpline? Most of them are fine, just plain text, but these
from <soren> all arrive looking like this, which I can't read.  Can't
people just write in plain text anymore?  Or at least include that with
the fancy style if they feel there's a real need for the latter.

- Dushan Mitrovich

I've never had any problem reading Soren's mails. However, looking at the raw message text I do see what you are referring to. Looking at the headers, I think the following lines are the key:

For comparison, your e-mail has this:

I think either your e-mail program is not capable of reading the encoding, or maybe it is not correctly configured.

Quentin