Re: Installing Octave in Windows XP

From: Alexander Barth
Subject: Re: Installing Octave in Windows XP
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 09:46:52 -0400

Hi Bill,

Thank you for recommending Octave.
I attached a screenshot of cygwin's setup.exe.
It shows where you can find the octave package.

cheers,

Alex

W. D. Allen wrote:
> I have Octave in Linux and recommend it to others at every opportunity.
> However some of my work must be done in Windows where I would like to also
> install Octave. However I have not found the answers I need in the
> http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/archive.html bugs and FAQ links. The
> directions for installing OCTAVE binary for Windows are unclear. It requires
> looking in the Math category of Cygwin for Octave. But my installed version
> of the latest Cygwin update shows neither Math category nor Octave.
>

> Can anyone provide better guidance for locating and downloading Octave for
> Windows.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Bill Allen
>
> address@hidden
>

> end

  Alexander Barth

  Ocean Circulation Group
  University of South Florida
  College of Marine Science
  140 Seventh Avenue South
  St. Petersburg, Florida  33701
  USA

  Phone: +1-727-553-3508     FAX:   +1-727-553-1189

PNG image