Re: Any success building 2.9.7 under cygwin

From: James R. Phillips
Subject: Re: Any success building 2.9.7 under cygwin
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 10:33:08 -0700 (PDT)

I have not attempted a cygwin build of 2.9.x, and may not for some time,
because of the rapid release and feature change rates.  But you are to be
commended for your efforts, and if you find cygwin-specific issues, I encourage
you to report them.  This will make the job of a cygwin release much easier
when the time comes.

I am working on trying to get 2.1.73 to compile with gcc 3.4.4-2, an
experimental cygwin compiler release. cygwin gcc 3.4.4-1 is known to have
issues in string support for C++, so I cannot recommend using that.  I'm not
sure where you would get gcc 4.1.1 unless you compiled it yourself from source.

James R. Phillips
cygwin octave maintainer