Re: Configuring with Sparse Matrix Libraries

From: Joe Koski
Subject: Re: Configuring with Sparse Matrix Libraries
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 13:13:07 -0600

on 8/21/06 12:39 PM, John W. Eaton at address@hidden wrote:

> On  1-Aug-2006, Paul Kienzle wrote:
>
> | Alternatively, you can run ./configure as follows:
> |
> |     ./configure CFLAGS="-g -O2 -I/usr/local/include" CXXFLAGS="-g -O2
> | -I/usr/local/include" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib"
>
> Unless you need to specify different -I options for the C and C++
> compilers, I would recommend using
>
>   configure CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib"
>

> jwe

John,

After I got the header files for the Ufsparse libraries into the the places
that ./configure was searching, I had no more problems configuring, and
didn't need any additional flags. Because there is no "make install" for any
of the libraries as they are downloaded, header location is a
trial-and-error process for those who are building the libraries from
source. It would help if all the necessary header files (including the metis
headers) were in one location, e.g., /usr/local/include/ufsparse. I don't
know what the Linux install looks like.

The things that I now do now to configure on my Mac (OS X 10.4.7) is export
LIBS=-lcamd to link with the CAMD library, and make sure that the GNU
libreadline.a is picked up instead of Apple's misnamed symlink of the same
name.

Joe