A strange load problem

From: frank wang
Subject: A strange load problem
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 18:50:58 -0700

Hi,

While I am working on my project, I found that octave cannot load a data file. I, then, created a simple file containing one data 103 and I named it testxx.dat.

In octave, if I type: load testxx.dat and whos -v. The data had not been loaded. Then I type: load -text testxx.dat, I got:
error: load: empty name keyword or no data found in file `testxx.dat`

I then tried the same thing on another machine, the load command works fine.

On both machine, Octave version is 2.9.7.  The only difference after type ver in octave is the Linux version.

The first machine is Linux 2.6.16.13-4-default.
The second machine is Linux 2.6.5-7.151-smp.

Does anyone know what is wrong here?

Thanks

Frank