Re: tot_title and plot data file in blocks

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: tot_title and plot data file in blocks
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 13:05:37 -0600

On 8/11/06, Mr. Stone <address@hidden> wrote:

http://www.octave.org/octave-lists/archive/bug-octave.1999/msg00104.html
But no solution found..

Well, I looked at top_title and bottom_title and they
both look totally broken to me...
I, personally, think that multiplot mode is often abused.
It is used for situation (such as the one you described) where one should be
using a dedicated page layout program...

Of my second question:
But I have a data file with dozens of blocks seperated by a blank line, e.g.

As I have said octave does not plot files. Once you get you data into a matrix
you can extract subset of this matrix and plot it.
For your example one can do
x1 = a(1:3, 1);
y1 = a(1:3, 2);
x2 = a(4:end, 1);
y2 = a(4:end,2);
plot(x1,y1,"-r;Data set #1;", x2, y2, "-b;Data set #2")

But if you already have all data for plotting in a data file, why not use
gnuplot directly?

Regards,

Dmitri.