Re: Plotting vectors

From: Geordie McBain
Subject: Re: Plotting vectors
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 12:27:55 +1000

On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 16:51 -0300, Gabriel F. Ideriha wrote:
> Hi! What string should I use to plot a vector in a 2d graphic?

As it happens, I was just working on this myself this morning.  I attach
my rudimentary solution to the problem.  Run it with, for example:

octave:22> x = y = linspace (-2, 2, 40);
octave:23> [X, Y] = meshgrid (x, y);
octave:24> u = Y./(X.^2+Y.^2);
octave:25> v = -X./(X.^2+Y.^2);
octave:26> qquiver (X, Y, u, v, 0.2)

> I've tried using the "feather" string, but nothing happens

What's "feather"?

There is a function quiver in Octave Forge that's supposed to do this
sort of thing: http://octave.sourceforge.net/index/f/quiver.html .
However, when I attempt to click on the link in the top right of that
page to see or download the source to quiver.m, nothing happens (my
browser eventually times out).  This'll probably be better if you can
get it.

There's also a function equiver in the EPS toolkit http://www.epstk.de .

--
Geordie McBain