octave on macintel

From: Shafer Smith
Subject: octave on macintel
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 23:55:57 -0400

Hi

When trying to install octave 2.1.72 via darwinPort on my intel-based macbook, I get precisely the error mentioned in this link:

http://www.nabble.com/Problem-compiling-Octave-t1886999.html

...yet no one in the Octave development group has responded. Is it really true that Octave can't be compiled on intel-based macs? Frankly my main reason for getting interested in Octave is because Matlab is not ported to macintel. I really hope I'm missing something obvious.

I'd really appreciate it if an Octave developer could respond to this one.

Thanks.
S Smith