Can't get Gnuplot to plot in Octave with AquaTerm

From: Josh Wiebe
Subject: Can't get Gnuplot to plot in Octave with AquaTerm
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 15:43:03 -0400

Hello,

I'm using OS X 10.4.7 on a G4 processor.  I installed the octave-bin.tar.gz package from http://hpc.sourceforge.net/ and followed the instructions.  Following that I installed AquaTerm 1.0 and then Gnuplot 4.0.0.  From terminal /usr/local/bin/gnuplot I am able to set 'set term aqua'  (without the quotations) and then plot to AquaTerm with Gnuplot.  However, from Octave I am unable to plot.  The command plot (x) , where x is previously defined, does not plot and does not give an error message.  If I use the command gset terminal aqua I am able to plot but apparently this command is being discontinued.

From what I've read in the message archives it appears that I will need to create .gnuplotrc and .bashrc files in my home directory to allow octave to pipe instructions to gnuplot.  Specific instructions on how to do this are much appreciated.

Josh