gnuplot_binary in 2.9.6+

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: gnuplot_binary in 2.9.6+
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 10:32:02 -0400

On 24-Jul-2006, Dmitri A. Sergatskov wrote:

| I assume that gnuplot_binary is no more in 2.9.6 and beyond.
| So, how do I go about telling octave to use a different
| (gnuplot or not) plotter?

Please read the NEWS file.  It explains that all built-in variables
have been converted to functions.  So instead of

  gnuplot_binary = "/some/dir/gnuplot";

you need to write

  gnuplot_binary ("/some/dir/gnuplot");

To prevent this kind of question from being the number one topic on
the mailing lists after 3.0 is released, I think I have a way to issue
a warning when assigning to a local variable that used to be built-in.
After sufficient time has passed, I would expect to be able to remove
the warning.

jwe