Re: puzzling Octave behaviour

From: Muthiah Annamalai
Subject: Re: puzzling Octave behaviour
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 18:34:20 -0500

Hi there,

> It's always hard to debug with Octave, but this is just plain silly:
as hard as writing good code in my opinion.

> debug> disp(arg(ltest(1:10)))
debug> disp(arg(ltmps(1:10)) == arg(ltest(1:10)))

>I feel like being cheated on. Is there any explanation for such
>contradictory results? Or is have I gone into some weird madness and
>have unreasonable expectations?

I dont know what is ltmps & ltest, I cant findout/reproduce that output,
but however my
octave 1> disp(arg(some_complex_vec) == arg(some_complex_vec))
seems to work fine.

Id probably be bothered about ltmps() & ltest are behaving ok
before pointing fingers elsewhere, and also why you forgot
to post the output of ltmps too.

Hope that helps.
-Muthu