how to handle the path

From: Muthiah Annamalai
Subject: how to handle the path
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 18:12:40 -0500

>I have a function in /home/fox/,how let octave to find it.
>I used "addpath (genpath ("./home/fox/")) "   but:
>error: `addpath' undefined near line 8 column 1
>my OS is debian

>could you tell me how to handle the path ,and give an example .
>thanks a lot
Wang,
octave 1>help addpath

has a definiton & example for the use of addpath() in octave.
I dont know what genpath() means but forme just doing
addpath("/home/muthu") works and I can see the changes using path()
function.

octave 3> path

shows my current PATH variable for Octave.

Hope that helps.
-Muthu