Re: computer memory and Octave

From: Paul Roberts
Subject: Re: computer memory and Octave
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 16:55:06 -0700

Hi Tracy,

There are a couple options. You could save the result from each
replicate in a separate file (5000 files total) or you could append
each replicate to one file yielding one very large file. I have
attached a code snippet for the first case:

% The prefix for the file name
fprefix = 'a_file_name_';

% The postfix for the file name
fpostfix = '.oct';

% Set the default file mode
default_save_format='binary';

for i=1:100

 %make some data
 data = randn(1,100);

 % Make the name for the file using 3 spaces for the file number.
 fname = [fprefix,sprintf('%03d',i),fpostfix];

 % Save the data
 save(fname,'data');

end

Hope that helps.